Who can become member of EUROPLATFORMS
EUROPLATFORMS is a non-profit organisation meaning that the membership fee is solely going to EUROPLATFORMS activities, which creates added value for the EUROPLATFORMS members.
There are two possible ways to obtain membership of EUROPLATFORMS:
- Representatives of National Transport and Logistics Center Associations
- A single centre can be obtained as member in EUROPLATFORMS if there is no Logistics Center Association in the country in question.
For both ways to obtain membership there are some prerequisites that the centres have to live up to. These are the following:
- The Logistics Center should be operational, meaning that it should be in function.
- The Logistics Center should act as bridge builder to other Logistics Centers within the country
- The Logistics Center should where possible facilitate the integration of EUROPLATFORMS ideas and concepts into its own infra- and suprastructure as well as in the national Logistics Center planning.
Benefits of a membership of EUROPLATFORMS
Why should your Logistics Center be a part of the EUROPLATFORMS network? For this a number of reasons could be listed. In this paper we will focus on five main reasons, thus limiting the number to the reasons assessed to be of highest importance:
- Possibility for sharing experiences with other Transport and Logistics Center operators.
- Learning and acquiring new knowledge about the latest development in the transport industry from other members working within the same field.
- Opportunity to participate in EU part-financed development projects focusing on testing, implementing and developing new sustainable transport solutions that can improve the Transport and Logistics Centers as well as the whole transport chain.
- Being an active partner in transport policy-making-processes and contribute to achieving real sustainable mobility in Europe
- Creates new business added value by networks of Logistics Centers and their logistics service providers